This page describes the functionality provided by the MouseBIRN Atlasing Toolkit (MBAT
) application. It is developed as a bioinformatics framework to query and compare data from Mouse BIRN data sources and perform analysis in context of digital atlases. MBAT
provides following functionalities to the users:
- Query a range of data sources based on keyword/query term.
- Compare and analyze the data obtained from these sources.
- Perform analysis of the data using information supplemented from a digital atlas.
- Upload data to a selected data source.
- Provide an API that can be extended easily to add new data sources or new tools for analysis.
Functionality is divided into following 5 workspaces:
- Welcome workspace
- Search workspace
- Viewer workspace
- Registration workspace
- Upload workspace.
Please note that MBAT
API users can develop new plugins and add these to the MBAT
application. Following sections describe the functional specification for the core MBAT
This section describes the functional specifications for every component in MBAT
On starting the application, following actions are performed:
- Display the name and version of the software.
- Display a wallpaper selected randomly from a set of images.
- Following nested menu structure is displayed:
- Workspace (disabled)
- Workspace (disabled)
- Export as image (disabled)
- Welcome Workspace
- Search Workspace
- Viewer Workspace
- Registration Workspace
- Upload Workspace
- 'Welcome workspace' option is selected by default under the 'Workspaces'
- On clicking a workspace from the 'Workspaces' menu, corresponding workspace's panel is displayed.
- On selecting View > Cart menu option, Cart Manager docking window is displayed.
- On selecting Help > MBAT Homepage, the application launches a web browser window and directs the user to http://cms.loni.ucla.edu/mbat/
- On selecting Help > About, a popup window is displayed. Following tabs are displayed in this window:
- About: Displays information about partner institutions.
- Credits: Displays credits information for the MBAT core application.
- Plugin Credits: Displays credits information for the plugins. The plugin developers can display their own information on this page by providing the information in the plugin.xml for their plugin.
- License: Displays license related information for MBAT usage.
- 3rd party: Displays licenses related information for different software libraries used in MBAT
- System: Displays system parameters information
Functional specifications for individual workspaces can be found at following links:
- 27 Jan 2009